Instagram Algorithm Hacks
The Importance of Shares & Saves
With Instagram’s latest updates comes the latest challenge: solving and mastering its newest algorithm. Likes and comments have moved to the bottom of the platform’s ranking, while shares & saves have become essential in maximizing your brand’s content to its intended audience.
Here are five tips for getting your posts shared, as well as five more to get them saved:
For More Shares, Try These:
- Develop interesting and eye-catching content – user-generated content is attractive to users that’ll encourage them to share amongst those in their respective followers.
- Use Instagram’s Story Tools – the various stickers & the Highlights the app now has involves your audience in the conversation, driving them to interact with your content and share with others.
- Develop calls to action – the more specific your call to action is to your audience, the more likely they are to participate and do it. Keep things concise, clear, and one-step!
- Advertise with Instagram Ads – grow an organic reach with the Business profile option and the features it provides for looking at post analytics and how your content is doing.
- Experiment with videos – Instagram is the hub for sharing moments and memories through photos, and with the feature of Reels – video sharing has become more frequent and popular amongst users.
For More Saves, Try These:
- Writing longer, richer captions – users are invested into the stories you’re able to share with your visual content through microblogging.
- Create timeless, “evergreen” content – formulate current & relevant posts that your audience will want to come back to, no matter the time or season.
- Share tips and hacks relevant to your brand – the easiest way to earn saves is by being a resource with the need to know for your audience.
- Incentivize your posts – If you provide a good or service, reward your audience for engaging with you with a coupon code, giveaway, or sale.
- Be unique – when creating content, ask yourself: “Does this have a different feel to it? Is there a benefit for me to try or experience something new?”
Whether you’re looking to get more engagement on your post or find your content on the Explore page next time you scroll, creating content that’s saveable and shareable helps. Don’t have anything to share or save yet? Check out our latest posts here to add to your collection!